Monday, November 06, 2006

Slowly Getting Through Monday

It's taking a little longer than usual to break into the work week and get my brain out of a bus-lagged fog.

Today, I came into work and noticed my cubicle was darker than usual(the fluorescent lights underneath my shelves were out), and I decided this was obviously because of my new flat screen monitor not being as bright as the old one, despite the fact that the monitor wasn't turned on.

I went to get some breakfast. I bought two small boxes of raisin bran. I sat down, emptied a box into a small styrofoam bowl, and stared at it with the vague sense something was wrong and I usually didn't eat raisin bran like this. Oh yeah, I forgot to buy milk.

After a lunchtime run at the gym, I showered. Successfully. Maybe I was snapping out of it, I thought, as I raised my deodorant to my face with the intention to use it as moisturizer.

Luckily, I caught myself.

2 comments:

minijonb said...

Was this also part of a caffeine withdrawl experiement?

I've been running slow all week... I need to getback to the gym. That should help.

Kris said...

minijonb - Not caffeine withdrawl, but lack of sleep. I usually get back from New York late with things I still need to do for Monday.

Even if I was smart enough to do them Thursday before leaving for the weekend, I feel cheated if I go to bed right when I get home. So I stay up a little later than I should so I can feel vindicated.