Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A Puppy Story

Today, I witnessed the rare event that in it's brief life goes from cute, to cruel, to disgusting(this excludes all baby-related stories).

I was having my early-afternoon Starbucks break, when I saw a man walking the world's most adorable puppy(like babies, the most recent puppy I've seen is always the world's most adorable). I have no idea what breed the dog was; I'm very ignorant of such things. Dogs, to me, fit into same three categories as movie popcorn: small, medium, large. Lassie is a medium, the Taco Bell dog is a small, and Marmaduke is the rare jumbo bucket.

This dog was small. He resembled a miniature fox. As he trotted behind his owner, he looked happy in that blissful, clueless way dogs do.

The puppy slipped, and his back legs gave out. His owner, irritated, dragged him along on his little doggy ass. I briefly considered murdering this man for treating something so cute with such disdain. Then, the puppy began to pee.

And he kept peeing, streaking dog urine for a good ten or twelve feet of sidewalk before finally getting back on his feet and merrily trotting away. I stared at the urine streak. I watched as - gasp! - joggers ran over it, business men stepped in it while hailing cabs, and others went about their day with no idea they were stepping in dog piss.

Maybe it was the angle of the sunlight that allowed me to clearly see the streak, a thick nasty brushstroke of liquid reflection that people obliviously kept stepping in and smearing across the pavement.

Well, I certainly wasn't going to walk there.

Anyway, on the non-urine front, I'm frustrated that I don't have the extra money to pick up all the new albums that I want to listen to. Beck, Meatloaf, Jet, John Legend, The Dears, Albert Hammond Jr.'s solo disc, and even My Chemical Romance's latest, The Black Parade.

I know all five of you who read my blog love reading my album reviews, but I would like to make them a little more timely. Oh well, soon enough I will have extra money. It's always fun to write about music; even if it's just for my own amusement.

No comments: