Wednesday, January 31, 2007

It's Colllld Outside!!! What Is This, Miami Beach?

While I was in NYC, my landlord had the "heat guy" over Sunday to figure out why my room was freezing. Turns out, the track of baseboard heating in my room is broken. And, best of all, it would require major work to finish. Clear out your room, be gone for a few days, "heat guy" becomes "contractor heat guy" type work.

So...I'm pretty much screwed. My space heater works, but I have to run it from the bathroom because it shorts out the bedroom circuit. That limits it's placements, and it has a hard time heating a ten square feet, let alone the room.

So...a discounted rent, and reimbursement for the space heater. What else can I do?

At least the neighborhood Giant can cheer me up. They brought CDs back a few weeks ago, but they were all lame greatest hits CDs. Yesterday, though, something peculiar jumped out from the cardboard rack at me...



Is that...a fat naked man?



Yes. Yes it is. Among the silver and golden Best Of discs, the unmistakable sight of The Bloodhound Gang's Hefty Fine. How the hell did that get there?

No comments: