Monday, May 21, 2007

The Things You See On The Subway

Far be it from me to criticize the work of others -- especially work I haven't even read -- but I find this hilarious:



"Flip" Flippen? How can I take anything the man writes seriously? I find hard to believe that a man whose first name is "Flip" -- a sitcom wacky neighbor name if I've ever heard one -- has anything pertinent to say on what's holding me back. If I wanted advice on how to handle dating problems or my arch-nemesis down the hall, then I'll call Flip.

OK, I'm done being an asshole. Maybe his book makes some important points. Next time I'm at a Borders, I'll flip through it a bit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see these ridiculous ads on the F train on my way to work. Seriously, what the hell kind of idiotic name is "Flip Flippen"? Idiot.

Kris said...

anon - Well said. I wish I could say it was the most ridiculous ad I've seen on the subway.

urban bohemian said...

Hey man, Flip Wilson was a comic genius (ok that wasn't his real first name, but that's not the point), don't diss the name. :)

He could be the next Tony Robbins.