Thursday, September 28, 2006

A Failure

I tried a new recipe tonight. Although I do cook most of my meals nowadays, they are usually very simple(chicken breast, hamburger, or turkey-chili from a can - the last is actually very good).

Tonight, though, I tried making beef stroganoff from scratch. My roommate was very impressed with my fake cooking skills. It did look impressive as I juggled multiple things in the kitchen and managed not to burn anything. The results, however, were not so impressive. OK, but not something I will be repeating anytime soon. I did like the side of baked asparagus I made, so the night wasn't a total loss.

After that, I wanted to finish some writing I had started and fool around with my music library to make it a little more user friendly. Didn't get very far in either venture, and that has me a little depressed.

I like to finish the day with at least a small feeling of accomplishment. I imagine a lot of people get that from their work; right now I generally don't. Today, I failed to get that feeling. It seems there are never enough hours in the day to do what I want. It's bed time before I know it, and with my recent sleep trouble I can't afford to stay up too late and risk being a total wreck the entire week.

I need to completely overhaul my time management skills. Really study how I spend my free time and find out how I can make time to do the things I want to do, to try and go after a few things I want in life.

Sometimes, it just seems like your fucked if you do and fucked if you don't. I have no idea what I actually mean by that; it's a very abstract feeling of struggling and helplessness. Anyone out there know what I mean? Can you say it better?

It's my brother's birthday this Friday; he turns 24. I remember when he said his first word. It was "No." He started out not taking any shit from anyone, and he is still the same way. Which is both a blessing and a curse, for him and everyone who knows him. It's also one my best friend's birthday, so this weekend should be fun and full of friends and family. Too many fucking Fs in that last sentence, but what are you going to do.

Peace.

No comments: