Friday, December 15, 2006

Friday Announcement

I have a huge announcement. Yesterday, I was folding laundry at my apartment when I realized something profound: I finally have enough underwear.

I am a clothes-challenged person, especially when it comes to the unglamorous members of the dresser; socks, undershirts, underwear, etc. I never have enough to get through a week, and I find myself either wearing some unsavory items or doing multiple loads of laundry every week. Yesterday, though, I finally won. I have so much underwear, even when I do a weekly load of laundry there are at least four or five pairs that haven't even been used yet.

Next on the agenda, socks and undershirts(socks are pretty close, actually).

My issues with clothes can leave me in some nasty little binds in the winter. I always forget to buy gloves, scarfs, hats, etc. Since I've moved at least once every year for about the last four years(sometimes twice a year...wow, I didn't realize it was that much until I thought about it), I always seem to lose track of whatever winter accessories I had the year before.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago when it was really really cold, I had to go out grocery shopping. It was around seven or so on a weeknight, and I was completely out of, well, everything. I knew from my walk home, with only my winter coat, that it would not be a pleasant walk. Especially since I had already changed out of my dress shirt and tie(the idea of putting on a dress-shirt and tie just to simulate a scarf occurred to me, but I decided that was too pathetic...of course, what I did next calls my sanity into question regarding that).

I needed a scarf if I was going to bear the walk, and I remembered I had an old H&M sweater that I was no longer wearing because(being over a year old and from H&M) it was developing holes all over. So, I took out my scissors and went at that sweater, and lo and behold:




I am the scarf NINJA. It was warm, and it looked...like a scarf. Yeah, you wish you'd thought of it.

No comments: