Monday, December 04, 2006

No Power Monday

I lost power in my room this morning. This is the second time in as many weeks this has happened, and I was doing the exact same thing both times: ironing pants. I'm pretty sure my iron is just a normal iron, but apparently it's putting incredible strain on my apartment's wiring.

After ironing my pants in the hallway(the roommate had already left), I set out relatively wrinkle-free into the cold. The rest of the morning routine went largely without incident. However, I did see something rather strange.

Walking to the Metro, I saw a young girl walking to school and eating an ice cream bar. Now, this girl is either a genius or just insane in the way kids often are.

Think about it. It's freezing, so she is guaranteed to be able to enjoy her frozen treat during her entire walk. No melty mess to explain; no damning evidence of eating an unbalanced breakfast. Then again, she is eating ice cream on a day when it's 32 degrees and feels like 22.

Work is getting stressful. I have tasks piling up on top of each other, like so many things that pile and stack. I'll probably stay late a couple of days(at least) to try and get some extra work done and keep the customers happy.

Other than that, life is good. This morning I had another great iPod moment: glancing over someone's shoulder at the Express headlines, I noticed one about the Iraqi Civil War just as "WAR! GOOD GOD YA'LL!!" rings in my ears. Made me forget all about having no power at home.

No comments: