Friday, December 08, 2006

Friday Musings

I think these lyrics from The Streets Get Out Of My House best sum up my side of every argument I've ever had, for any reason whatsoever, with any women I was ever involved with:

So there you go
Eh?
Don't try and gimme that shit, right?
'Cos, d'you know what I mean?
You're not exactly...fuckin'..y'know..d'you know what I mean?
It don't really matter anymore, d'you know what I mean?
It's hard enough to remember my opinions without remembering my reasons for them
You're confusing me now
I'm not gonna give you an example
I can't remember an example
You do it all the time
You know, that thing that you do
I...look, I can't remember when you last did it can I?


Mike Skinner is a true poet.

Anyway, last weekend I did more driving than I've done in a long time. Living in DC and not owning a car, I had forgotten the pleasures of listening to the radio. No, seriously.

It had been so long since I'd listened to music that I hadn't personally selected, I forgot the feeling you get when a really good song comes on the radio. It's like winning a small contest, making it a little sweeter.

I like the Gilmore Girls, or at least I watched it from when Rory was Senior to when she started dating that blond creep(who is now her boyfriend, ugh - although he isn't as creepy as he was before). One thing I was really happy about was, when I stopped watching, Loreali and Luke were finally together.

But now, I catch a few episodes, and she has married Rory's father Christopher! WTF!?!?! It's suppossed to be Luke, man! I don't care if he was the jerk pitcher from Little Big League, Luke is the man on that show.

So, to make myself feel better about the lives of fictional characters, I'll be watching this video:



Bam, right in the face. I could watch that over and over again.

2 comments:

minijonb said...

I've been thinking I might need to start watching Gilmore Girls on a more regular basis... that clip sealed the deal.

Kris said...

Although some friends have told me the writing has suffered greatly since the series creator stopped writing each show, I have to see how it all ends.