Saturday, August 26, 2006

Look Out For My Shameless Product Placement

I'm having dinner with my girlfriend and her sister tonight. I have never met the sister before and I'd like to make a good impression. Especially since the sister is in the Navy and I won't get a chance at a second impression for at least a year. I'm usually very good with families; I already have the adoration of the mother. I think.

I actually was able to go to the gym today, on a Saturday. Since my gym was in DC I never got to go on the weekends before; living in the suburbs it made no sense. I would always go during my lunch break, Monday through Friday, the gym being only two metro stops away from the office making this possible. It felt good to go there when there was no rush and no crowds. Another little benefit of living in the city, many of which I'll probably discover in the days to come.

Anyway, I had a good run. Five miles at a good clip, and it was all (geek moment) documented by my iPod(I highly recommend Nike+ for the iPod, it's an excellent motivating and tracking tool).

Back at home, I'm faced with the reality that my roommate is never, ever here. I know she travels a lot for work and loves to go hiking and what not on the weekends, but still. I don't want to fool myself and get used to having the entire place to myself, then be disappointed when she shows up. I just hope I have nothing to do with her not being here. I was a little worried that maybe she hasn't taking a liking to me. Then I met some of the neighbors, who had no idea who she was even though she has been living here almost a year. They thought I was moving into an empty apartment. So I guess I will get used to having the run of the place and face reality.

I'm also faced with a lesser, though a little more depressing, reality: my towels do not fold and put away themselves.

No comments: