Thursday, August 24, 2006

Strange iPod Transition Of The Day

Metallica - Fade To Black to Third Eye Blind - Jumper.

Fade To Black is a song most metal fans have a story about. Some kid wrote it on a notebook, a wall, or posted it on the fridge with a magnet(I'm not kidding), and their parents were convinced the kid was moments away from hanging himself. The story usually ended with "...and that's why I have all of Larry's Metallica CDs."

Anyway, from a song about suicide to a song about talking someone out of suicide. One of those things that gives you kind of a "Hmmm" feeling when the connection clicks in your brain.

Apparently, I have an iPod of hope. "You could kill yourself, " my iPod says. "But step back from that ledge my friend, you still have plenty of money to spend at the iTunes music store!"

I wonder, if I had more "illegal" music on my iPod, would the transition have been reversed to Jumper then Fade To Black?

"You could go on living, but why don't you just end it all you fucking low-life criminal? How can you stand the hell you feel, the hell of knowing about all the musicians and record executives you have put in poverty? I hope you die in a fire. Started by me."

Hmmm.

No comments: