Monday, September 11, 2006

Damn.

Damn. Damn Damn.

I love the Redskins, but I swear watching them will send me to an early grave. How could Hall miss a field goal that bad? Damn.

Still, some hope for the season, they still need to get the kinks of Saunders' new offense worked out. Lots of football yet to be played.

Anyway, I had a pretty good weekend. I saw Little Miss Sunshine with a good friend. Wasn't sure what to expect walking in, and that was the best way to see the movie. It made every quirk and shock of this little comedy that much better. Alan Arkin was just a trip as the grandfather. He was exactly the way I hope to be when I'm old; doing what I want because there are fewer years left to enjoy life. His performance alone was worth the price of admission.

After that, we had a little bite to eat at Zorba's Cafe near Dupont Circle.

Then it was on to Busboys And Poets . I had never been there and was looking forward to seeing the ambiance of the coffee shop/bar. I really liked it, and not just because the bartender made my drink nice and strong. A cold drink, a good friend, and a couch to sit back on and talk about life. It was damn near perfect for a night out, for me at least. I will definitely be back.

This is kind of a quickie re-cap, as you can tell. I'm still reeling from the loss. I hate it when the Redskins lose.

I promise a little more detail in a later post.

I will say, to the drunk couple who sang the Captain Planet theme song before they got off the Metro at U Street, you made my day. Though the other people in the car seemed less impressed. Fuck those unfun bastards. If you can't handle a little drunk singing at two in the morning, what are you doing out? This loving attitude probably has an inverse relationship with a person's dislike of the song being sung, but who doesn't like Captain Planet? Polluters, that's who.

Damn.

No comments: