Thursday, September 21, 2006

I Am Not Ashamed

I'm watching Friends. And, I'm enjoying it. There, I said it.

Also, I have no real strong opinion about Paris Hilton. I don't hate her, and I don't love her.

There are certain things that we have agreed to hate, as a culture, that I just haven't been on board with. Like assuming all family-operated restaurants are better than chain restaurants. Well, I have three brothers that work at an Outback Steakhouse, so technically to me that is a family-operated restaurant. I recommend the prime rib and the cheese fries.

We all agreed the new Star Wars movies are very, very inferior to the previous trilogy. Well...I think they are misunderstood classics and time will vindicate them. Yes, I really do.

Keanu Reeves is a terrible, terrible actor. Well...I don't pretend to know any of the technical aspects of acting, so I don't know. I think I can recognize bad acting, or at least acting that is unbelievable. Reeves never comes across as unbelievable to me. He may have a monotone voice, but is that really being critical of his acting skills? If I ever get the chance, I'll ask an accomplished actor their appraisement of Reeves. Until then, I don't really know. But I loved him in Parenthood.

Getting back to Ms. Hilton, I read that she was recently denied access to a new New York City club. The owner's reasoning was he wanted his new establishment to be the most "exclusive" club in the city. This gave me an idea.

I will open the most exclusive club in New York. Nay, the world. It will be like any other club on the inside, full of sleek, modern poorly lit ambiance. However, no one will be allowed in. Ever. There will be fully stocked bars, a huge dance floor, and a DJ booth. That no one will ever enjoy. I'll call the club Post-Modern, and I will be in it all alone. Dancing in the dark.

1 comment:

urban bohemian said...

The real beauty of that club idea is that you don't have to decorate the inside at all. You just have to have a funky looking door, a line and a guard that lets absolutely no one in except for you and whoever else is in on it.

You'd get invited to all the hot parties and hip places because people would want to get in good favor with you to gain access to your club.

Hmmm, this has the workings of a documentary...